Sunday, June 01, 2008

Everything Dessert

I wonder why girls are especially fond of desserts while guys always go for their taichow. For me, dessert is like the essence of my life. When dining out, the first thing that i zoom into is the dessert menu and the last thing that i enjoy is always my piece of dessert.

Dessert is also known to have healing properties. When I'm terribly depressed and sick, a scoop of matcha ice cream never fails to put a smile back on my face.

Banana torte from Suchan


Tiramisu from Cafe Cafe (highly recommended)


Green tea sundae from Ajisen Ramen

Strawberry and apple pudding from Cava


RM1 chendol from Restoran Muar
Flower blossom from Haagen Dazs
Strawberry smoothie from Sit a Spell Cafe

Green tea tiramisu from Ocha Cha

Apple Crumble Cheesecake from Pick n' Brew (highly recommended)
Strawberry chocolate sundae from Delicious (great for gloomy days)

Green tea mochi from Yuzu
Macaroons from Big Boys Oven (antidepressant effect)
Matcha azuki cake from Ocha Cha
Strawberry ice from MOS Burger


Famous Ah Baling tong yuen with peanut soup

Chocolate Souffle with vanilla ice cream from Max! (seriously highly recommended)

Chocolate parfait from Haagen Dazs


Matcha float from Shokudo



Last (but not least), pecan walnut chocolate mud cake courtesy of XLB :)


Am going for Japanese gelato again tomorrow. Are you not hungry for dessert yet?

21 comments:

Cokeworld Citizen said...

Wow...extensive betul...You should try the green tea pudding at Din Tai Fung (Wisma Atria I think)...yums...I heard there is a famous tong sui stall at Chinatown (SG) but have yet to visit it. I luv desserts too :) Feel the meal's not complete without a dessert rite? Hehehe

J2Kfm said...

I'm a guy, and I love my desserts as much as I love my dai chow, steaks and seafood. =)
Only went to Suchan and Delicious for desserts mostly. Will try some of your other recommendations if there's a chance!

rokh said...

oh gosh you just kick my sweet cravings into overdrive! thanks for so many sweet tips, now where first...he-he

~Christine~Leng said...

so longing to try everything you tried here! Heart desserts! ;P well, maybe not as 'serious' as you are.lol

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
I'm not hungry over those dessert leh. I'm just drrrrrrroooooooling!!!! Make me that pecan walnut chocolate mud cake, would you? hahaha!

Anonymous said...

I'm salivating just looking at the pics. I love anything green tea too!!

Big Boys Oven said...

I am wondering how did you manage to eat all those lovely desserts and still able to stay in such a good shape! Did you go to any slimming centres?

myCoffee said...

I share your love for desserts! :)

Xiu Long Bao said...

cokeworld citizen:
Really? Was not aware that DTF in sg has green tea pudding leh. Heard bout the famous tong sui at Chinatown too. Gosh, too many desserts, too lil' time.

j2fkm:
Yeah, Suchan is famous for its great selection of cakes, while I love Delicious' strawberry choc sundae the most.

rokh:
Altogether in a row :p

precious pea:
:p sweet looking? Then i must have more desserts.

christine:
lol...dessert is like main course to me. How bout dessert galore on this Sat?

kok:
wah...of so many desserts, u choose to have xlb's signature mud cake ah? Oklah, come to sg then u can get one.

President LL:
Yes president, we are of the same kind. Long live matcha ice cream.

BBO:
Secret-->Eat more desserts!

mycoffee:
haha...i can tell from the ur blog title. Desserts are gorgeous :)

HairyBerry said...

wah, greatest hits compilation ar?

dessertology is an interesting subject and most students are of the female species. an interesting twist to the savoury side of life but too much can cause natural high and of course, glucose overdose. then again, one still has to leave anyway and what better way to leave than a sweet escape.

being me, there will be no sweet surrender as i'm protected by the savoury amulet of the hokkien mee...hehe...

Cokeworld Citizen said...

I had the pudding before wor...not sure if its seasonal. You can check out my SG day 1 post

lil time? you going to pindah balik to KL ady?

haha well said nic ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG.... I came in at the wrong time!

Holy light above the ice cream blossom from Haagen Dazs? :p

Xiu Long Bao said...

nic:
So-so lor, i still have loads in my dessert folder.

Desserts are great. Dessertology is not meant for guys, esp those who can't get over hokkien mee with lard. A sweet escape sounds better than hi cholesterol + heart laden with fat hor?

cokeworld citizen:
No lah, the sashimi is too great over here, nothing bttr to lure me bck yet :p

jason:
Holy light from Mr. Ipoh Mali :p

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
Of course lah. XLB's signature mud cake leh. Where can get? kekeke! I'll try to visit Singapore after I secure a job. I wanna get your cake!:P

Par said...

oh wow... I like a little of everything pls.

daphne said...

oh lovely! all those desserts! what a great post!

Tummythoz said...

M bouncing off walls just by scrolling thru your pix. Slurp.

♥ ♡ Alvin ♡ ♥ said...

The Flower blossom (Haagen Dazs) gorgeous~ @_@

Xiu Long Bao said...

kok:
Waa...pressure me somemore. U r more than welcomed. Good luck in ur job hunt!

kay:
No prob, pls hlp urself :P

daphne:
lol, greatest hits compilation.

tummythoz:
So geng chow? I'm slurping my way while scrolling down my own pix too. Great for moody days.

alvin:
Yeap it was gorgeous. N yummylicious too.

Anonymous said...

You never get fat.

Dalicia said...

i love desserts!! my gosh i need to my sugar now..