Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Heart Moka Pot Coffee

...Pick n' Brew...

I love the name of this cafe as much as their coffee brewed in moka pot.

In fact, it was one of the most enjoyable lunches I ever had. We took our time to enjoy our meal, we had it course-by-course, from soup to starter to main course and ended with nice aromatic Indonesian and Sumatran blend, paired with a piece of Apple Crumble Cheese Cake, what more can you ask for?

Am not a coffee person but I just can't help but to fall in love with the coffee brewed in moka pot by Pick n' Brew. Being the first cafe to bring this concept into Malaysia, according to Jackson, the idea of moka pot is to bring rich, syrupy attributes of espresso to coffee lovers.

RM8 a pot


Apple Crumble Cheese Cake


Oh yes, by the way, Pick n' Brew is a cafe managed by our beloved friend-Jackson from Living in Food Heaven. Thanks to wmw for bringing me to this cafe located in a far away land (Glenmarie) and sponsoring my lunch (seriously last farewell treat from her :p).


For the benefit of the coffee lovers out there, here are the types of coffee bean offered by Pick n' Brew:




Colombia
-Colombian coffee has a rich balance to them possessing both a fair amount of body and acidity often showing sweet fruited notes suggesting raisins or plums with a touch of nutty flavour

Brazil
-Featuring big-body and low acidity, Brazil offers a husky fruitiness and hints of dark chocolate notes with a sweet nuttiness.

Kenya
-Highly prized for its exotic characteristics, Kenya demonstrates layers of complexity from fresh zingy citrus snap to dark fruit and winey flavour notes mixed in with generous acidity supported by a fairly full body.

Sumatra
-Flagship for the Asia/Pacific cup profile, Sumatra is a smooth, full-bodied coffee with classic earthiness and strong low-tones power.

Indonesia
-Slightly rustic with thick mouthfeel and lingering finish, Indonesian coffees typically displays earthy, husky fruitiness and spicy flavour notes.

That day Jackson brewed a pot of Indonesian and Sumatran blend with strong husky and earthy aroma minus the sourish aftertaste. No doubt the best coffee I ever had. Bliss...

I need t0 revisit soon, another round of caffeine fix with two moka pots all on my own. Anyone tagging along?

Other reviews:
Jackson
Teckiee (with map attached)
Precious Pea (with map attached)

Pick n' Brew Cafe
No 2, Jalan U1/17,
Seksyen U1,
Hicom Glenmarie Industrial Park,
40000 Shah Alam, Selangor.

Operating hours
Monday - Friday : 8am - 8pm
Sunday : 8am - 3pm
Close on Saturday and public holidays



Note: I'm leaving for sg in a few hours time, not sure if I have access to internet, yet. But I'll be coming back for CNY. Till then...

23 comments:

Simon Seow said...

All the best to you XLB. See that we have to postpone our trip to Palate Palette till later. You coming back to KL on CNY and I'll be going down to Singapore to visit my mum and sis on CNY.

Yupe, Pick N Brew. Will really want to try it out one day. Maybe after CNY. Jackson please reserve a table for me. :p

Big Boys Oven said...

have fun fun & fun In Singapore!

Anonymous said...

Good luck again. .with your new adventure..! Contact East Coast Life.. if you need help settling in.. :) this fella blogger is generous and really nice.

Anonymous said...

Have Gud Fun in d island down south! & Ring me if u gona go for another cuppa coffee! :P

Anonymous said...

Have Gud Fun in d island down south! & Ring me if u gona go for another cuppa coffee! :P

~Christine~Leng said...

once again xlb, have fun and take care yea!
Pick n Brew: a name that is really well suited with its establishment :) dunno whether i'll love their coffee or not leh? *since I'm not a coffee lover* but would love to try their mains and cakes! ;)

Anonymous said...

smells good from here....
coffee + ciggie never go wrong...

Cokeworld Citizen said...

yumz good seafood, good ice cream good company! Aiyer wish i was there XD so wats ur first meal after landing on that very far south island? hehe yala yala i very the kaypo XD

ekeng said...

Have fun~~~~
I want to go Pick & Brew for Apple Crumble Cheese Cake...yum yum :)

wmw said...

Glad you like it. See you around!

HairyBerry said...

sumatra not in indonesia? why 2 different types? ok, it's a rather silly question. hehe...

ya, i also want to know what's your first meal in sg :) i know what you'll hv for dinner thought..hehe

Jason said...

I wanna go to Pick n Brew again, seriously :)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

aiyah..thought say go for another farewell drink haha..well wait till you are back then..

sc said...

all the best xlb! may there be lotsa good eats in S'pore!

daphne said...

Good luck to your move. =)

Xiu Long Bao said...

simon:
have fun in singapore!so far so good here no complaints about this place...yet. Go give pick n brew a try, love their coffee so mch :)

BBO:
Fun, fun, fun!when I'm not working yet. Still lepaking around :p

mamabok:
Thanks for the wishes :) My foodie adventure!And thanks for the info,can add another makan kaki haha.

csb:
eh, not cup ok, a POT!

christine:
am not a coffee person too but I still love their moka pot coffee :D Remember to give their apple crumble cheesecake a try, yummie yummie!

mel:
Mr, ciggies mana ada match with coffee. Stick to cheesecake lar, minus the puff!

cokeworld citizen:
drop me an email if u r comin down south again lar,then we can go raid the jap rest! I had chicken rice only lar, as my first meal haha.

ekeng:
Bet u will like the cheesecake, ur fave food!

wmw:
yeap, love it! thanks for the wonderful treat :)

nic:
Eh,u just reminded me of that fact..haha Sumatra is in fact in Indo :p
Told u,chicken rice only. But the dinner was great. Dun compare with ur tokyo foodie adventure lar.

jason:
wait till the opening of the new outlet in one U. More convenient for me :) Then we can go for more coffee and cakes!

joe:
Ei,u be my farewell drink organiser lar. I wan my vodka :p

sc:
Thanks sc! Doing good here.So far had alot of good eats :D At least I had my sushi n sashimi!

daphne:
Thanks dear!

Tummythoz said...

Oops my earlier comment reported as error.
I was apologising for my non attendance to your food crawl farewell & the dimsum session the morning after. D next time u r back to meet up, please gimme another chance, k?

JOjo said...

All the best in Singapore~
My softspot for cakes is acting up again~ OUch..

Cokeworld Citizen said...

oh yah...sure contact u. 1 person visit jap restaurant no syiok. Ehehehe chicken rice oni ar? best in spore anot wan?

Xiu Long Bao said...

tummythoz:
*ahem* Oklar, give you one more chance :p Next farewell treat on you...kakakaka...See u when im bck :)

jojo:
Oh, dun prolong the pain. Go have a piece today...yumz!

cokeworld citizen:
aye...that Boon Tong Kee lor, so called famous chicken rice in sg wor. Nxt time u come we can go to that Central Plaza at Chinatown. One whole building of Japanese restaurants (only!).

Cokeworld Citizen said...

Aiks! U sure annot!? I been there but i only remember the whole building with old shops XD okok make sure i remember to contact u lolz...

Boon Tong Kee? I only remember ppl saying Maxwell Food Centre got a stall famous. Dunno la. I still think Penang has the best Chicken rice despite the fact I havent try others because I did think its not neccessary : P Next time u come pg i belanja u makan la. Neh the one I mention in my blog before. I think you can focus in any dishes comprises of seafood or japanese. lolz...they taste good no matter where u eat. hehehe

Timothy said...

Oh ... Jackson open his new store already huh. Wah ... I have to try this one ! Good luck in your new environment dear ...

Xiu Long Bao said...

Cokeworld citizen:
Ei Maxwell is near my office, I think. Seriously the mass amount of jap rest that this small island has is amazing! Still feeling excited. Gonna raid all jap rest in due time.

timothy:
Yeap, another two new outlets in one utama and sepang, opening soon. Thanks for the wishes n see u in sg ah :)