Sunday, May 06, 2007

Du Viet @ Bangsar Village

I bumped into lyrical lemongrass at Bangsar Village last Friday during lunch time and greeted her with a cheery hello. Hey, she still recognise me as xiu long bao :) Didn't chat too long wiv her as I needed to rush back to the office. Oh no...I'm going to be late...again ;p

No regrets as I had a pretty good lunch @ Du Viet.

We had some communication probs when placing orders with the waiter, who has strong vietnamese accent. The set lunches (RM12.90) are quite affordable, each set comes with noodles/rice and a salad.

I had the Friday's set lunch--Vietnamese Noodles Salad with another serving of salad as appetizer.


Pour the sauce (taste like plum/ sweet chilli sauce) into the noodles.


I luv this noodles salad which tasted so much better than the one I had in Viet Passion at Chulan Square. I did mention before that I hate raw veges but to my surprise, I finished off the last strand of noodle in my bowl...licin-nya!

Char Siew Bao's Vietnamese Fried Noodles (RM15.80) wiv squids, above average size prawns, and fish fillets. The noodles were stir fried in scarlet red sweet & sour gravy. This tasted more like a Vietnamese version of Cantonese Fried Noodles a.k.a 'Wat Dan Hor'. Very nicely done.


I'm an all-time chendol craver, can't resist ordering this Vietnamese Chendol (RM6.80) when spotted it in the menu. Ermm...taste wise, not really aromatic and sort of tasteless.


Mung beans spotted at the bottom of the glass!


Char Siew Bao's Vietnamese Drip Coffee (RM6.50). I had a sip and I nearly choked on it. Ewww....the coffee was sooooo strong and ultra bitter! (Imagine my crumpled face)


Thumbs up for the food which I believe that it is on par with Bongsen at KLCC.

LOCATION:
Lower Ground Floor (LG 8), Bangsar Village, 1 Jalan Telawi 1, Bangsar Baru.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have eaten here thrice already, and each time is enjoyable. Althought dis round we didn't try the spring rolls, it is a definitely must try for those who go there!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Oooh I'm so gonna try the vietnamese noodles salad the next time I go to Bangsar Village...looks so yummy!

Nice bumping into you! Your name is imprinted in my mind already. ;-)

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
How come you don't like raw vege? Lettuce?

Hmm..the Vietnamese Fried Noodles looks not bad. Lots of sauce, I like!:P

Xiu Long Bao said...

CSB: hmp...such good stuff...now only u bring me there!

lyrical lemongrass: Yup! very nice nudles! Hehe...so u remember my real name now. Btw, i bumped into timothy today @ hartamas ;p

kok: Lettuce is okay. U noe vietnamese like to add in raw taugeh into the nudles, which smells so 'raw'! yee...
I think the sauce did the trick, i didn't realise dat the veges were raw ;p

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

xiu long bao, you must be a food blogger magnet lar! hehe.

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
Yea yea! The first time I had a Vietnamese dinner, I was like... Hah? Raw taugeh how to eat?!?!? But then, it's nice to soak it into the soup. Hahaha!

Alamak! By the time you know it's raw, too late liao. All in your stomach. haha!:P

MeiyeN said...

viet cendol? interesting.. gonna visit this place da next time i make a stop at bangsar village ;)

Precious Pea said...

Last visit was 3 years ago, this place actually belongs to Hubby friend and one thing about Hubby is that he never like going to places opened by friends/relatives. So Du Viet and La Manila is scrapped off from our list! Never mind, now i got own kakis, i can go without him.

sc said...

the only DuViet i've been to is the one at Damansara Jaya..food is pretty good though i felt it tasted more chinese than viet (esp the beef noodles)..

backStreetGluttons said...

Vietnamese food very the mild right ! A bunch of us could only remember the 333 beer but never the food after 3 days in vietnam ( also the fierce and demure ladies on scooter bikes ! wow by golly )

Xiu Long Bao said...

lyrical lemongrass: We can alwiz find Food bloggers (aka gluttons)@ places wiv good food!

kok: Digested oledi loor...Yeah, can't eat them raw, must dip into sauce or soup :)

meiyen: Tasteless one oh. But too much sugar also not gud for health.

precious pea: !!! Ur hubby has so many foodie frens! Y he dun like free meal isit? Yes...call us for lunch plus visiting pumpkin...hehe

sc: Tasted more like chinese food? Must admit that it tasted so much better than those truly authentic viet food.

teambsg: the viet ladies were fierce n' demure at the same time???puzzled...

Anonymous said...

Hey Xiu Long Bao ... fancy meeting both you 'baos' in Plaza Damas the other day. Actually I was about to visit the Thai fair and run a review on them when I realize I forgot my camera.

I agree with Lyrical Lemongrass ... you must be a blogger magnet.

Tummythoz said...

*envy look*. My lunch oni chapfan ler.

Xiu Long Bao said...

timothy:
haha...nice bumping into u too! The thai laksa from the Siam Fair was so gooood! I just asked char siew bao to get me another bowl for dinner tonite ;p

tummythoz:
Aiya, chap fan also very nice mar. Char siew bao only bring me out for lunch once in a blue moon, most of the time i skip lunch, the food available here (near my office) sux.

Anonymous said...

I just had noodle for lunch today but the plain one from hawker la... totally kalah to you!

wmw said...

Somehow or rather never think of going to Du Viet for meals, dunno why...but guess I should eh?

Precious Pea said...

Xiu Long Bao: Well, he felt 'ng hou yi si' when people offer him discount/free meals. He said if they do that, how to go back again to have another meal?

Haha...can can...even no lunch also you both can come visit Pumpkin and Pea.

Xiu Long Bao said...

jason: Hawker style nudles oso very yummy one mar...somemore cheaper leh :)

wmw: Rekomended if u like chinese + viet fusion food...i like it tho :)

precious pea: so his frens know u or not, if we go together can get discount hoh? ;p

Anonymous said...

xiu long bao: Too bad it's not really nice. Nvm, shall compensate myself with another nicer meal :P

Precious Pea said...

Err..the guy owner was the emcee during my wedding...hehe..that is how closed they are...so he SHOULD recognise me. Hahahaha!

Xiu Long Bao said...

jason: yalor...save now n' hav a decent meal later!

precious pea: war, so closed arr.Shud giv us free meals when we visit lor. Btw, i tot Du viet's owner is a vietnamese, most of the waiters can't speak proper english too.