Sunday, March 25, 2007

Free Lunch @ Dome KLCC

Last Friday I was reading Citygal's post on her RM1.43 lunch @ Marche. Surprisingly, when I reached home, I found this in my mailbox...

Taadaa...RM100 Dome Voucher and RM100 Watsons Voucher= Free food + Free shopping. In kok's term, I'm RM200 richer :p

Of cus nuthin is free ok. these vouchers took 34,ooo of Credit Card Points to redeem.

To be honest, I regretted redeeming vouchers from Dome as the meal turned out to be really lousy. Stingy portions with tardy services :( But I still dun understand why it is always jam-packed with patrons. Actually this is my first re-visit to Dome after 5 years and I think this should be the last time dining there. (Char Siew Bao notes: Same for me!)
Anyway, do take a look at the food we ordered:
We started off with Vegetarian Bruschetta (RM12.95), which are simply garlic bread topped with tomatoes and fetta cheese. To be fair, this appetiser is OK for both of us.
Next up is the Wild Mushroom Soup (RM11.95), bet meiyen will luv this cus it is creamy and loaded with mushroom chunks.
For mains, I had the Cajun Chicken in Turkish Bread (RM19.95) with mango chutney and salsa sauce. The bread tasted fine but the wedges were cold and soggy.
Char Siew Bao's Catch of the Day (RM23.95) looks more like the nasi campur of the day. The 2 prawns served were too tiny to be true for the price over RM20 :8
My Berry Bliss (RM12.95) which was an ultra creamy berry smoothie. Obviously I was not blissed with this cus I only managed to finish half of it...so wasteful hoh, I did try to finish but it was too jelak :<
Neither did Char Siew Bao enjoy his Honeycomb Goldrush (RM14.95). I think he will comment on this further in the comment box.


Okay, how bad is the service?
1) Slow and tardy
2) I reminded them twice to serve me a glass of water to wash away the jelak feeling of drinking Berry Bliss.
3) The tables are really small but the plates are soooo big, when they served our mains, they didn't bother to arrange the plates for me so I was basically holding the plates in my hand while putting the soup and appetizer plates away on the adjacent tables.

By the way, we felt so thirsty after the meal, I think they must have chucked in lotsa MSG, yux!

So this was my unpleasant meal. Sorry for the grumpy post of the day.

22 comments:

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
YOU ARE MORE RICHER THAN ME! Arghhh! Another "0" behind the "20". Alamak! haha!

Hmm...I see the food also can tell that it's not nice. Eating at some "kaki lima" stalls also better than those I guess? Take for instance the nasi campur (like you describe). So small the prawns, fish also don't wanna take that as bait. :P

Anonymous said...

Free...... as said is free.....hehe...

boo_licious said...

Hmmm, I think Kay has a pt, it's free.

Must admit I don't walk into a Dome unless I absolutely have no choice. Think the last time I ate there was when we had free vouchers too! Sad as the food used to be so good when they first started out.

Xiu Long Bao said...

kok:nvrmind, do more surveys n earn more :) haha, funny u, actually the prawns r so small dat fish oso canot see la.

kay: hmm...luckily it is free or i'll be so heartache for paying over Rm100 for the lousy food n' services!!!

boo_licious: Haha, u visited Dome bcus of free vouchers too? Actually before choosing which dome outlets to go, i did run thru floggers' posts n there i decided to visit the one @ KLCC instead of midvalley. But it turned out to be equally lousy :o

tankiasu said...

If they serve me that Catch of The Day, I would seriously approach their manager and ask for a refund...no joke. What a rip-off!

And I don't go to Dome, even if I don't have a choice. It is usually packed with ppl who are there to look at pretty girls, or ppl who are there to be looked at. *sorry for generalizing ppl*

Precious Pea said...

I only been to Dome (Lot 10) once for Iced Coffee and Chicken Pie years ago. I prefer Starbucks coffee though.

I tried Dome in Perth, their origin...and their menu is so impressive.

Tummythoz said...

Just dropped this outlet to rest our feet last Sun. I, too, find the B.Bliss filling so added ice-cubes. Fren did the same to his Mango Fansomething drink. We only had drinks. Foodwise, friends mentioned that its famous chicken pie taste has gone downhill but saw quite a number ordered it. Like tankiasu said it must d fabulous location where ppl can see & be seen.

Xiu Long Bao said...

tankiasu: yea...agree dat the nasi campur is a real rip-off *Sigh* Hmm hmmm..no wonder dome is always packed wiv ppl la...dat kind of ppl ;p

precious pea: Nvr knew dat dome originated from Perth. Bet the food n services r much much bttr than the msia one...hmp!

tummythoz: Does ice cube help? I just don't feel like having the drink after the first sip...yux! Agree that the chicken pie is not as tasty as it used to be...sad.

MeiyeN said...

ooo... food @ dome klcc is getting lousier, we had bad experience there recently!

Xiu Long Bao said...

meiyen: I read all ur posts on Dome n found dat u visited dome quite frequently :) Agree dat the 'best' outlet of all in msia, ie the KLCC outlet is getting lousier..arghhh

Anonymous said...

xiulongbao: kay, this is cool. Nvr see a webpage wiv Cbox only :P

In respond, my blog is @ xanga :P cbox give me a seperate link to host the message box. so i thought to use it.

yes. better be free then to pay for bad service or bad food.... I 100% agree!

Xiu Long Bao said...

kay:haha..ok!Can i hav the link to ur blog?

Unknown said...

Glad that my credit card is entitled to free vouchers from ikea..at least the meat balls are good and i get to add some rubbish to my room..go spend the vouchers at watson's to compensate ur lousy meal..hehe

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
Yea yea, have to go for more experiments. You can get rich by sitting for experiments! haha!

Got that small or not? Fish also cannot see is dried prawns, no? :P

Anonymous said...

Never dine at Dome b4, just went for drink thrice... don't really like their latte, quite diluted..

Anonymous said...

Xiu Long Bao dear, you 4got 2 mention that we changed table thrice! Waiters are ..... juz simply pathetic.... Order 4 water and they juz giv u a very "duh" look.... OMG @_@"

Foodwise, don't remind me of "catch of the day"... Dome obviously dunno how 2 catch fish. Esp prawns.... but i have to say the fish tasted good though. Nonetheless, if you ask me, i rather pay extra 10 bucks to have Cape Cod from "Soulout" @ Sri Hartamas! Simply the best!

Coffee was bland... wasted RM14 of voucher money on that! I'm a self confessed coffee lover cum addict... and the Honeycomb-somthing coffee was just short of terrible....

And now i just remembered why we never visited Dome for 5 years oledi....

Xiu Long Bao said...

citygal: U reminded me of nice affordable food from IKEA...hmmhmmm...must visit soon. Btw, i used up my watson vouchers to buy health supplements for my mum...haha...i'm such a gud gal ;p

kok: i dunwan 2 be experimented la, sounds scary.

jason:Nvr tried their latte. Sounds like another lousy drinks from Dome.

CSB:yea...esp when they giv me a dirty glass...yux! I think the coffee is creamy n nuthin else.

mh said...

other than their pie, the rest in their menu, not good.

Xiu Long Bao said...

tekko: i tot the standard of their pie also dropped recently :(

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
It's not like asking you to get experimented by them! They just wanna know what you think only for some of the experiments. For example, when they wanna test your response, they just show you something on the screen and you just click. Do that for 45 mins and I get $10! Easy?:P

Xiu Long Bao said...

kok: haha...okok :p

KY said...

free food is always the best!