Monday, September 03, 2007

Redginger @ Northpoint, Mid Valley.

I first came to know bout Redginger when I past by its outlet located at Damasara and I thought...hey, that's a cute name. Too bad I never got to try it till few weeks ago, tim from 3-meals.com called up and invited me to join the food sampling hosted by Elizabeth, the owner of Redginger.

Before I go on to torture, yikes I mean feast you all with food pix, I shall present my loyal readers a discount voucher, thanks to Elizabeth for the kind offer. You may present this voucher before placing your order to get a 15 % discount and a free dessert of the day.

Drinks
We started off with the unlimited flow of refreshing Kasturi Pomelo Special, a sweet, tangy and sourish plum drink generously topped with pomelo pulps.


Starters
A range of appetizers were served that nite. We had the Red Ginger specialties--Pomelo Salad, Rojak Buah, Chicken Lobak, Yau Char Kwai (Fried crullers) and my favourite spicy Otak-Otak--traditional recipe by Elizabeth's grandma.

Mains
For mains, Elizabeth treated us with innovative-yet-scrumptious Kam Heong Fried Koay Tiao. If you are bored of the usual char kuey tiao, do give this noodle dish a try as it comes slightly sweetish.

We also had the Ipoh Hor Fun which I think is above average; Laksa Lemak that came with thick fragrant curry gravy; Redginger Fried Rice which is another innovative dish loaded with sweetish raisins and salted fish chunks; and the Dry Curry Sang Har Noodles that I would order if I have a lil' extra to spend and indulge.



Dishes
You can also opt for some dishes to go along with you carbs: Black Pepper Beef which I myself pantang due to religious reason but this dish received pretty good ratings from other floggers and Steamed chicken with wine & salt that I would recommend for chicken lovers.


We didn't have any desserts that nite due to overload of carbs and dishes. Do go for their range of traditional nyonya desserts and kuihs placed at a display case outside the restaurant. And...don't forget to print out the voucher and indulge in good food. Enjoy!

Pricing
Rojak Buah--RM7.80
Pomelo Salad--RM8.80
Otak-otak--RM9.50
Chicken Lobak--RM8.90
Yau Char Kwai --RM5.50
Ipoh Hor Fun--RM13.80
Laksa Lemak--RM11.80
Redginger Fried Rice--RM14.90
Kam Heong Fried Koay Tiao--RM13.90
Dry Curry Sang Har Noodles--RM23.90
Black Pepper Beef--RM17.00 (small)
Steamed Chicken with Wine and Salt--RM 18.00 (with steamed rice)
Kasturi Pomelo Special--RM7.50 (tall glass)

Contact Details
Redginger (Mid Valley)
Block A, Mezzanine Floor,
Northpoint Offices Mid Valley City, KL
Tel: 03-2287 0890

Redginger (Plaza Damansara)
Medan Setia 2,
Plaza Damansara Bukit Damansara, KL
Tel: 03-2095 3118

21 comments:

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
I also wanna become flogger liao. Got free food, got discount for readers...how nice!!!

Big Boys Oven said...

Waaaahhhhh i guess that's why most floggers getting overweight this days...lol

Anonymous said...

Eh I thought 10%? :P

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Food's really yummy here. I went back twice since that day. haha.

Xiu Long Bao said...

kok:
haha...ur 'wok with kok' is more successful lar! Come visit KL, i buy u dinner :)

BBO:
hey, hope im not overweight yet...must be sunny's desserts, once u pop, u can't stop.haha...

tankiasu:
oh, I asked elizabeth again n sent the voucher template for her review. So the offer is 15% plus dessert. Validity period till 31 Dec 2007.

president LL:
Waa, super loyal! I feel like going back for the spicy otak-otak. Wonder if we get more discounts...:p

Anonymous said...

D food IS delicious!
But as a
kiasu
kiasi
kia cheng gu
kia char bo
kinda person :P...
(oops is this kiasu's line?)
i think the price is bit too pricey leh!

Anonymous said...

I like the hor fun, very smooth texture. Yay, now we have more option to choose from when in MV.

Unknown said...

yay..discounts for our reader..so nice

MeiyeN said...

oh wow... very detailed and informative... good job! ;)

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
My Wok With Kok cannot make it liao. No idea what to cook. haha! But don't worry, as soon as I've idea, I'll Wok With Kok again!:P

You serious want buy me dinner? I eat a lot one you know? Some more, must eat best food. And then, the price per meal should be about RM500 and above one oh. hahaha!:P

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

aiyah..cant we mention ur blog..hav to go print ur voucher haha..

~Christine~Leng said...

how nice... invited for a food sampling!! get to try so many different type of authentic and delicious looking food!!

Xiu Long Bao said...

csb:
good food comes with a price!

jason:
N dun forget the discounts!

citygal:
haha...yalor. To test the popularity of my blog as well :p

meiyen:
Do giv it a try. Nice food n ambiance.

kok:
aiya, hope u get ur new ideas soon! I can contribute as well :p No worries la, i buy u dinner in KL, u buy me dinner in Miri ok?

joe:
haha...Just print it out lar!

christine:
yalor, nxt food sampling @ cafe 888...wait for my review!

Precious Pea said...

Oh yumzz...would love to have that bowl of ipoh kuey teow soup for lunch. Heard that the soup is good.

teckiee said...

bbo is right lo...me also getting fatter....hais..

Kok said...

xiu long bao,
You wanna contribute? Be my guest chef then! haha!

Wah, you very the generous. Set! I'll belanja you makan when you're at Miri. But at least, wait for me to work first. :P

Xiu Long Bao said...

precious pea:
Yea...the soup was fantastic and the hor fun was superbly smooth.

teckiee:
haha...u r not alone :p

kok:
No prob lar. Awaiting...

Anonymous said...

Went there today(17/06/2008). After eating, my girlfriend and I had a slight food poisoning. We believe it is the food there because of the timing. Just a caution to you guys. Ipoh Hor Fun was above average but the Nasi Lemak Daging Rendang was average only.

Anonymous said...

Red ginger is not value for money. too EXPENSIVE pricing. Go for Little Penang cafe...

Anonymous said...

hi, i agree....Went to the Plaza Damansara one...same row as the Public bank .

aiyo for the price, "nothing" in the Laksa lemak...shame la. Big bowl lot of kuah, yes, leetle leetle ingredient....Kuah ok taste, so-so. See-hum not too fresh, bit smell but edible.

better go to Section 17 PJ Hong seng ! less than RM5... if u like Laksa / curry mee.

i dont object so much to the price but at least the taukeh should try to beef up. new CANTON FARE opened at the back , (near 7 - 11 ) will give Red Ginger a run for her money....

Hope management bucks up if they wanna stay in bizness...customers are not fools, if they go once or 2x, feel cheated, sorry, no more repeat orders :)

regards : foodsterMan

Ps just my 2c comments. maybe others feel differently.

Anonymous said...

Red Ginger Mid V:

went wiv my girlfren, few days ago.

had the ipoh horfun. Soup is bit watered down, but i find there is so small portion of chicken shreds and prawn.

Seems they are stingy with the 'liu '.

i guess no one complain and business good, so Elizabeth tak kisah la.

Me, i wont go back again.

Nothing outstanding worth for that price range.

JoeyD