Monday, January 07, 2008

I love Mango Mania

Mango Mania @ Bangsar
Good news for mango lovers like me :) I spotted this funky bright yellow cafe along Jalan Telawi one night and decided to give it a shot. I have since revisited this cafe for a few times for their superbly smooth frozen yogurt.
I love their attentive service as well, you will be greeted with cheery crew members and a small cup of their signature 98% fat free mango frozen yogurt for sampling once you step in.
You can choose to have plain vanilla/ plain mango/ mixed mango & vanilla frozen yogurt, priced at RM6.90. To indulge more, you can opt to add fresh fruits like strawberries, mango cubes or kiwi that costs about RM3.90 extra.
This place is great for health conscious people as their frozen yogurt and smoothie are made from real fruits and natural ingredients. You can even go for their sinful looking cakes that are low in fat and come with less sugar.
Aside from their healthy desserts, Mango Mania also offers hot food items like mango burger, pasta, sandwiches and salad.
I had their Mango Salad (around RM12.90 I think) which was topped with crunchy anchovies, mango slices, crispy wholemeal bread cubes, sliced boiled eggs and crushed garlic.
My makan kaki had their chicken sausage (RM14.90) which was overpriced for that kind of serving or maybe that is the price to pay for healthy food.
All in all, we thought the place is great for meeting up with friends and indulge in delectable desserts minus the guilt. Their hot food is not recommended but don't miss out their mango frozen yogurt and smoothie!
Location: 36, Jalan Telawi, Bangsar Baru (Opposite EON Bank).

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

The seats donch look so inviting leh.. :(

Rasa Malaysia said...

Hey XLB, thanks for adding me to your blogroll. Happy eating in 2008. You are a very pretty girl, saw many pictures of yours on Jackson's and MW's. :)

åh-†ёh² said...

wow~
owesome blog~
anyway..dropby...keke~
hope can be fren....blogger cheers..
21 male from kajang here...

here my blog
ahtehv3.blogspot.com

ntg the less...i like eat n take photo(recently interest)~

nice to met u~

*ur blog make me hungry....

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i walked past this the other day at 1am..hungry..but obviously yoghurt wasnt exactly very filling..so we decided nah, another time..

Anonymous said...

Have walked past this place several times, but always thot it was an ice cream place! Ok ok...will compel myself to stop for a bite the next time I'm in the neighbourhood. Thanks for opening my eyes. :-)

Big Boys Oven said...

Just walk passed the other day while heading to delicious, might drop by to try mango ice cream!

Jason said...

When are we coming here for ice cream????

yammylicious said...

nice! the mango ice cream look so adorable =)

daphne said...

wow! what a great tribute to my favourite fruit (after durian). so many varieties of food using mango. Great introduction.

ekeng said...

Cool...the mango frozen yogurt look so cute..but if you think dirty,it will look like .... Haha :)

~Christine~Leng said...

i spotted this place a few times too! Thanks for introducing! :)
will drop by for the mango desserts!

Xiu Long Bao said...

mama bok:
haha...yes it is :)

rasa malaysia:
heya! thx dropping by. *Blush* n the compliments too :p

ah teh:
hi, thx for dropping by. My hometown is kajang too!

joe:
dropped by this outlet cus it is opened till late :P esp when hunger pangs n craving for desserts attack @ wee hours. Do give it a try!

president LL:
Try their mango frozen yogurt, u will love it!

BBO:
yes pls, and i wan to tag along for ice cream...hehe!

jason:
anytime :D im a big time sucker for ice cream.

yammylicious:
haha...yes it is. And with superbly smooth melt in ur mouth texture.

daphne:
high 5! I love durian n mango too :D

ekeng:
heh heh, i know wat is in ur mind la... It is ice cream ok, ice cream!

christine:
no prob...enjoy n have more ice cream there k ;)

Anonymous said...

i lov mango!!!

Christina Kim said...

Mango mania...hahaha!!
Too bad I am not a mango fan:p
Must recommend to my daddy and deardear tho!
I wonder whether they will have a Strawberry Mania next time:p

Precious Pea said...

Mango burger? What they put inside? Looks like a place to visit. I love mango!

HairyBerry said...

mango+sausage? hmm...sounds like a salsa burger to me...hehe...too bad i dun like mango..if not, can hangout at this place before clubbing at bangsar..long time din do that already...

wmw said...

Passed by the other night and told myself to stop by there the next time :o)

Unknown said...

sniff..will miss u sooooooo much..

Tummythoz said...

U had me at Man.. Hope you r eating very well over there.

Xiu Long Bao said...

squall:
go get it! :)

christy:
high 5! i love strawberries too :)

pp:
maybe they add mango chunks into the burger? gonna try it soon!

nic:
u dun like mango? i think they serve other desserts n hot food as well. Yar, long time nvr go clubbing @ bangsar d. Gonna do it one fine nite :p

wmw:
hehe i wanna tag along for ice cream!

citygal:
aww...come visit me in singapore? we can go makan-makan :)Will travel bck to msia quite frequently too.

tummythoz:
eat well? haha...will do! with all the sashimi n sushi :p

Anonymous said...

I saw it the other day when I was at Bangsar but didn't manage to try, was at Shanghai 10 instead. LOL. The yogurt looked sooo the tasty.

Hmm, the chicken sausage looked like a bun cut into half or 2 slices of baguette with cheese, sausage and some tomato herbs sauce on top?

I'll be sure to wanna try their frozen yogurt though :)

rokh said...

i think i will go there for the mango yoghurt! or should i make one myself? :P

Xiu Long Bao said...

cookies cream:
yeap! their mango yogurt ice cream is my all time favourite :) The hot food were sad though. Do give it a try ya!

rokh:
go try their mango yogurt ice cream!!! It is terribly smooth and tempting :p

Anonymous said...

Hey you! you dont know me but I'm a mango lover myself and also a fan of mango mania =D..happen to drop by your blog while searching for mango mania. so yeah..one thing we have in common.keep in touch. you can come visit my blog too =).