Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Affordable Japanese Food @ Sushi Zen.

Guess most of you (esp shoppers) are aware of the opening of The Gardens @ Mid Valley City. Yesterday I finally made my way there, thanks to my boss who wanted to do retail therapy there ('shopping' in layman's terms) :p
We were strolling in the mall, looking for food and this Sushi Zen located in the middle of the mall caught our eyes. We need sashimi to cure our depression.
Believe it or not, the pricing is so affordable that we rubbed our eyes twice to check if it was printed wrongly.
My colleague went for the Hokkai Chirashi Don priced at RM15.90 only. Still think that it is expensive? Take a look at the picture. The Chirashi Don came with abundant fresh salmon (ichiban!), scallop and salmon roe.

I went for the Sakura Chirashi Don, priced at RM15.90 as well and it was equally good. Looking at the picture makes my stomach growl for sashimi early in the morning :I My bowl of Chirashi Don came with salmon, tuna, octopus, prawn, crab and ebi roe. The portion was so big that we had a hard time finishing them.


We were tempted to order the sushi rolls as they are unbelievably cheap when compared with other Japanese fast food chains.

Ebikko Maki (RM4.90)

Sushi Zen is now my fave Japanese eatery to have my hankering for fresh sashimi fixed. So what's for lunch today?

LOCATION:
The Gardens
LG K02, Lower Ground, Mid Valley City.
TEL: 03-74923080

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm first today! Em... haven't been to Gardens yet, but been to Pavilion twice.

You had Japanese food till you're familiar with the market price already. :D

Big Boys Oven said...

wah! so de li ci ous !!! so desu !!! Can I have a set!!!....lol

Anonymous said...

Mushi mushi!
D pics look absolutely lovely! I just wanna hav those sashimi!
:P......

Tummythoz said...

Thx for d tip!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Gosh u're making me hungry for japanese food. It's been weeks since I had jap food! Gotta rush back from my vacation. haha.

daphne said...

I am now officially envious. Such good and cheap food. I'm going to pig myself next year when I'm in MY I think.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hahaha..so good ar..can accompany ur boss to shopping and eat jap food?..aiyoh..its actually possible for me..hmmm take a cab from sentral..thats very likely..isnt?

Xiu Long Bao said...

jason:
wow...u went to Pavillon twice! I have yet to pay it a visit :p But i heard dat the parking charges potong leher one.

BBO:
Can! We shud go for the japanese food + gelato at The Gardens one day :O

Csb:
U shud go there one day wiv ur colleagues for lunch. So cheap!

tummythoz:
Bring me along.........

President LL:
Omg...How could you not have japanese food for weeks??? faster come bcK!

daphne:
haha...yeah you should! Hang tight, soon all the cheapo jap food will be urs...:p

joe:
Why canot drive meh? That place is really not bad, spacious n alot of new eateries from singapore.

Precious Pea said...

The price is so reasonable. The Hokkaido Don looks so good. Lucky you to have a boss to bring you for retail therapy. I think i need therapy soon!

teckiee said...

OMG this is cheap! I ate at this really lousy sushi chain at Pavallion =(

Anonymous said...

I don't drive, remember? But yes, it's RM3.50 per hour.

myCoffee said...

Thanks for the review! Must try this place when I visit the Gardens.

Xiu Long Bao said...

precious pea:
hahaa...yalar, you should go for intensive retail therapy again :) The Chirashi Dons are seriously good. I feel like having it again!

jason:
hahha...yahor...but RM3.50 per hours is freaking expensive :I

teckiee:
Aiyorrr..so cham ah? Nevermind, now you know where to get nice affordable sashimi :)

mycoffee:
Yeap! Pls do for the sake of fresh sashimi :p

MeiyeN said...

will visit this place as soon as i have da time to drip by the gardens! ;)

MeiyeN said...

aikss.. not drip i mean drop by ;)

Xiu Long Bao said...

meiyen:
yeap...and not to forget...heaps to shop @ The Gardens!

Xiu Long Bao said...

Jackson:
Aiyar...use my line. But i agree with you...CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

Anonymous said...

That's really good and cheap jap food..! the ones i get here in small town yarmouth.. is so pathetic.. i can puke..!

Jean said...

the price is really cheaper than the others!!
i shud go and try dis weekend~^^
thanx for the info~

rokh said...

sounds like great bargain! i'll aim for it for my next japanese food fix

Anonymous said...

Hi, the sashimi slice looked so thin i could actually see through it. If u love affordable sashimi but of a true quality, give Don Sushi a try. Don Sushi is located in Carrefour Subang next to Subang Parade. The Salmon Sashimi costs only rm9.90 a plate of thickly sliced salmon (6pcs)