The word 'fritter' comes from the Latin--'frictura' which means 'frying'. Aussies usually have their fritters with salads or as a side dish for steaks.
Making your own fritters are so easy...a yummy way to sneak in veges too!
Here is the recipe:
400g of corn kernels
1 capsicum and onion, diced
some diced ham or sausages
1/2 cup of plain flour, sifted
1. Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre, add in eggs and some water. Mix well.
2. Chuck in the veges and sausages/ham.
3. Spoon the mixture into hot oil. (1 big spoon = 1 fritter)
4. Fry for about 5 minutes each side or till golden.
5. Taa....Daa...Serve your fritters with somemore salads and with a cuppa tea.